________________________________________________
This first race was in Springdale, Utah and ended up 6.2 miles later in Grafton, which is a "ghost town." It was pretty cool! I even enlisted my buddy Alisha to do it with me, although I spent most of the time trying to catch up with her. (It was HER first race too...she has longer legs than I do!)
SPECS OF THIS RACE:
NAME: Butch Cassidy 10K and 5K
DATE: November 7th, 2009
TIME: 1:08:16
PLACE: 11th in my age group (20-24)
WEEKS PREGNANT: 8
Myself and Alisha before the race:
What does Emily while waiting for Mommy? Enjoy playing around on the fences!
Alisha and I after the race. Exhausted and relieved to have finished!
My beautiful family enjoying the scenery.
My awesome Grandma Nelson who also did the race!
___________________________________________________
SPECS OF THIS RACE:
NAME: First Annual "Freeze Your Buns" 5K Run
DATE: January 9th, 2010
TIME: 34:58
PLACE: This was a fundraiser, but I did get my name drawn for a free pizza!
WEEKS PREGNANT: 18
This particular race was cold, hence the name, but the hardest part was not slipping on the ice/snow in the road!
Grandma and I before the race:
_______________________________________________
SPECS OF THIS RACE:
NAME: Painter's 5K and Half Marathon
DATE: January 23rd, 2010
TIME: 35 min 32 sec
PLACE: 20th in my age group (25-29)
WEEKS PREGNANT: 20
Before the race with my kiddo and my two Grandmas!
Grandma finishing up her race. Go Grandma!
After the race!
_______________________________________
SPECS OF THIS RACE:
NAME: Dam to Dam Five Mile Race
DATE: February 20th, 2010
TIME: 1:02:43
PLACE: 13th in my age group (25-29)
WEEKS PREGNANT: 24
Only one picture....
(The baby belly is becoming a little more apparent).
It started out not too cold, but as the race progressed became very cold and then it started to rain. Oh, and the wind...let's not get me started on the wind...
I didn't walk any of it though, which I was proud of, but 5 miles is a lot more difficult than 3.1 miles (5K). At the 3 mile marker, I was secretly wishing I was done, but kept right on going.
Thanks to my Grandma for keeping me motivated to run and for being my racing buddy!
I love you Grandma! :)
Now...which race shall we do next?!

7 comments:
You're amazing! I can't believe all the races you've done and while preganat! I struggle running my ONE mile! I honestly don't plan on getting up to 5! Way to go Kris!
I'm glad you're finally recording your awesomeness. :)
I am so glad that I found your blog, you have such a cute family. That is awesome that you run, even while prego. Go Kristin!! Anne
glad you put this on FB so I can catch up! can't believe you do this preggers!! way to go...don't know how you find the energy.
I haven't visited your blog in months... looks like you guys have been busy, busy! (also didn't know you did scentsy... totally just ordered some stuff!)
I'm so impressed by your races! I have a hard enough time being motivated to run every night and I'm not even pregnant. Keep it up :)
Way to go! I'm impressed that you are running while pregnant; I'd use the excuse to be lazy. And congrats on #2 coming along- I'm way excited for you guys. Boys are a lot of fun, and different right from the very beginning.
needless to say.... I'm a huge fan of this post and your new racing career :)
There's the Cedar Half Marathon in September! Let's do it together! (in 2011, of course :)
Post a Comment