Monday, June 21, 2010

Bringing Home Baby!

We brought Eric home on Friday after he was born.




Putting him in his car seat.

Emily's first time holding her brother. So happy!


Eric in his bassinet in our room with the beautiful crocheted blanket from his Grandma JoAnne.



When we brought him home, Scott and his parents took Emily to the see Toy Story 3 so we could have some "quiet time" just me and the baby.

From the beginning he was such a calm baby. (Quite the contrast from his sister!) It was almost surreal how quiet he was. He would fuss a bit when he was hungry, but other than that, he was very calm.

I think the biggest surprise was how rough Emily was with him. I guess I didn't do enough "practice" with her on how to be soft and gentle with babies. I told my mom "She's gonna kill him!" and my mom said "No. He's just going to be a tough little boy!" If Emily has anything to say about it, he will be!

2 comments:

Scott Mabb said...

I think that is my favorite picture of Emily and Eric.

Jason and Crystal Mabb said...

I love your bassinet, lol.