Saturday, June 6, 2009

When your child is being quiet....

When a toddler is being quiet and is not in the same room as their parent....

....that usually means their doing something mischevious.

Emily is no exception to this rule.

*Cue Suspenseful Music*

Time: 4:30pm. Friday afternoon.
Location: The kitchen
Perpetrator: Emily Mae Mabb
Items of Mischief: A can of shortening, a measuring spoon, a KitchenAid mixer, and some wild imagination

How it all went down....

Trying to fool the detective with her "I'm so cute" face...

Caught holding the evidence:

Showing us where the evidence was being stashed:

Showing how the evidence was stashed in such a small location:

Caught trying to hide the evidence:

Enjoying "hiding" the evidence... (sick, I know!)


The perpetrator was told "no-no", "yucky", and "messy" before being taken to a different location and shown something to distract her so plotting mind. She is currently napping, but no longer considered armed and messy.

Tune in next time for more "Plots of Mastermind Toddler".
This program was brought to you in part by Wal-Mart brand Shortening.
Save Money.
Live Better.
Wal-Mart.

*end suspenseful music*

5 comments:

The Vojak Family said...

Hey honey! I loved all your pictures! This post was HILARIOUS, i love the "location, perpetrator" etc. how funny!!
Luckily Gabe never got into any mischief like this-i'm sure Nolan will be the one!
Mabb Fam Olympics looked like a blast, too!
Emily is such a cutie pie!!

Unknown said...

Hey Kristin-
I will be in town from on Thursday and was wondering if you and Mari would like to get together with the kids and do something. I would love to see you again and catch up!!! Will you be in town?

chelsea mckell said...

Found your blog!
And I KNEW it would be super cute and creative before I even saw it. I wasn't disappointed.
I will be a regular blog-stalker from now on. Consider yourself warned.
:)
ps - Brian has mentioned several times since Friday how much fun he had and how he wished we could've stayed longer!

April Miner said...

HA! That was great. kailey does a lot of the same thing lately! It may involve mommys lip gloss, Eucerin cream (my fave is smeared in her hair right after a bath) or crayons. Oh man those crayons will be the death of me!

Mary said...

So, I can totally hear your voice and see the expressions on your face as you explain the scene of the crime. It's so you. And by the by, when your mom commented on something in Sunday School, it sounded like you too!