Friday, January 8, 2010

It's a BOY!

Okay, so I have a TON of blogging to catch up on, but I thought that before I catch up on that (Halloween, yes Halloween.. my November 10K, Thanksgiving, Christmas, visits from family, etc.) I would FINALLY "officially" announce that we are having a baby!

Not only are we having a baby...but it's a BOY! We had an ultrasound today (I'm 17 weeks 6 days) and it's a BOY.

I asked the radiology tech how sure he was...he said "Oh, I'm pretty certain." That's better than the 91% the lady told us about Emily last time, I guess. Boys have a little more...ahem....there to see so it's more certain.

One thing is ABSOLUTELY certain....we are SO excited about it!! (Emily's still trying to grasp the idea...)

Here are some pictures for the sake of far away family and friends. (No, I did not post the picture of the little guy's..well..y'know..)

Here's the newest little Mabb!

Profile shot:


This is my favorite...he kept putting his hand up to his mouth like he was going to suck his thumb or something:


Hand up to the mouth still, but you can only see the fingers:


Our little guy:


The foot: (Awwww...)


4D picture of his little bum and legs that are crossed. Cute, huh?


This is his face with his little hand up to his face. He has his head on the placenta...like a pillow!


Any name suggestions?! Middle name is Scott... first names?

Sorry so belated in posting "officially" about this. Alot of you already know and I'm starting to show a little so it's probably obvious.

Another adventure will begin in June!!

10 comments:

Mary said...

I'm really excited for you guys! You'll be such a well-rounded little family. :)

Anna said...

woot woot! congrts mabbs! he's sure a cute little guy

R said...

I am so excited for you!! The pictures in 4D are amazing. I had no idea they could do that! As far as names go...I like Aden or Aiden, Alvin, and Oliver, all of which David doesn't like so I know I'll never get to use them. I'll keep you posted if I think of more, I love thinking of baby names! ;)

Kim said...

Congrats Mabbs! Such great photos too! Mine always scrunch up and you can't see ANYTHING. So excited for you guys!

Charis said...

Congrats! I think his first name should be Steven. . . Steven Scott always had a nice ring to it. . . I don't know anyone who has that name. . . it is quite original. . . :) he he he! he could go by Steven, unless of course someone felt like calling him Scott. . . then they could call him Scott. . . or if you have seen the movie blind side. . . Which everyone should because it is a really good movie, the little boy goes by SJ. I think it is actually for Scott Junior. . . maybe it was Steve Junior. . . or maybe it was Sean Junior. . . I don't know. . . but non the less he was a junior and so he went by SJ. I thought that was totally cute. We don't plan on finding out what we are having. . . If she is a girl, than her name will be Margaret and she will go by Maggie. . . and well if she isn't a she at all, but a he. .. then um. . . I guess we still have three months to figure out a name. . . so far we don't agree on any boy names. not even middle names. . . and craig is pretty sure the little tike is a guy. . . so we better start thinking.

mom said...

We are excited to have another boy in the family! I can hardly wait to see all the little cousins band together! I am sure it will be something to see!!!!

Lisa Johnson said...

CONGRATS! I am so excited for y'all! :D

Kim and Preston said...

Congratulations! I am excited for ya'll.

BRITTANY said...

Oh how exciting! Emily will be such a great big sister. Congrats.

chelsea mckell said...

I laughed that you didn't post pictures of his weewee (that's the technical term for it). So many people do and I think it's weird.
Name suggestion: Emil. Like the Emil's seasonings. Then you'd have Emil and Emily!