Thursday, June 12, 2008

Emily's Adventurous Day

So, today started out like a normal day. I put Emily's hair in pigtails though, which she must know, because whenever I do that, she turns into (cue music) ADVENTURE BABY! She gets into all sorts of mischief. Today, I decided to listen to my friend Chandi's advice and "Blog it." (said as quickly as possible in a funny kind of way.) I was practicing a song on the piano and turning around every few seconds to make sure that Emily was getting into TOO much trouble. She had pulled some tissues out of a box and pulled the wooden ducks off the table, no biggie:


She also decided to rearrange the blocks from saying: (this picture was taken after I put them back together)



to saying: ...interpret as you will...





The final straw was when she pulled over the roses and the result was this:









Water dripping on the floor, tissues everywhere, and a happy smiling, pig-tail wearing baby.







Too cute to be mad at though, since I really set myself up for it leaving the roses within her grasp. So, we cleaned up the mess and decided to go out side to let some of her mischief out in the yard. :)
First we sat by some pretty flowers and ate some dirt:


Then, we crawled around on the driveway for a while, examining the cracks and eating a piece of rock:



Then, to top it off, we went to the backyard and we played in the Daisy bush and sat on the super neat toilet that came out of the Master Bedroom when we bought the house:
Overall, it was a very adventurous..well, 20 minutes or so. Emily, excuse me *cue music* ADVENTURE BABY is quite curious and loves to put everything in her mouth. We love her though, even-- or rather especially --when she wears her pigtails.
ADVENTURE BABY is now resting comfortably in her crib, saving up her energy for her next adventure. She will accept comments by following the link below
Until next time...
ADVENTURE BABY's publicist and mom. :)

3 comments:

Kristin, Scott, Emily and Eric said...

Now I know what goes on when I'm away at work. WOW! I think you should use those letters to teach good words though, especially at such a young age. :) Thanks for being a FABULOUS Mother.

Scott

The Allen Family said...

DARLING!!! Thank you for taking my advise! :) That really might be the cutest post I've ever seen! Keep up the great work, DAMUU'S! :)

Mari Burgess said...

Ummm about the toilet outside? Did I miss something?