Spring Break was a blast! Scotty and I have not been on vacation just for the heck of it since our honeymoon, and well...that was almost 3 years ago. So, we saved up for it and went to San Diego as a family this year during Spring break. It was very much needed and alot of fun. We went to Sea World, the San Deigo zoo, the beach (of course), Belmont Park, Point Loma lighthouse, Seaport Village, Gaslamp Quarter, and just had so much fun!! We got to meet up with Scott's parents for a couple of days while there too. That was very nice. Here are a few pictures from the trip.:
Emily's first pickle! She loved it. It's now a favorite treat. 
Here we are at Seaport Village. It has lots of funky little shops. Scott's sunglasses are footballs, if you can't tell. :)
In the same little store, we found hats!! Emily isn't wearing one, she just has on a ginormous bow!
Still at seaport village, it started to rain. (What?! In San Diego?!?!) and so we got ice cream and stood under the awning of the shop since it was an outdoor shopping village. I opted for a caramel apple. Emily opted for chewing on a spoon.
This is at a place called Luigi's next to the beach. I ordered a single slice of their Extra Large pizza (it's HUGE!) and I could get any two toppings I wanted. So, I got eggplant and artichoke hearts in an attempt for the healthiness of those two topping to counterbalance the UNhealthiness of the pizza. It was actually pretty tasty. Check out Emily's facial expression in the background. "Woah mom!" Actually, she was just sitting kind of awkwardly because it was her very first resteraunt high chair experience. (Awww..)
At the Hotel Del Coronado on Coronado Island we ate at a very fancy (and expensive!!!) brunch on Sunday. Here is Emily trying out a stick of their "artisan bread." Again, not so good at sitting in a high chair yet. 
At the Cornado they had an AMAZING dessert buffet. This plate had chocolate covered strawberries, a chocolate parfait, a piece of cheesecake and I got a goblet of milk. The parfait had rum soaked cherries. They were nasty, but the rest of the food...ah...divine.
After the meal, stuffed as can be of gourmet food, we take a picture. Emily had just had a shot glass of organic carrot juice which explains her appearance. Notice the parfait is still there with it's nasty rum cherries...but the milk is gone!
This is the Hotel Del Coronado's private beach. This was one of my favorite pictures of Scotty and Em, but it's kinda fuzzy. Oh well. (PS--No, we did not stay at the Del...we stayed at the old Travelodge! Woot!)
On Sunday, we drove to see the beautiful San Diego temple. It is amazing!!! We are in the picture too...like two little specs compared to the grandeur and magnanimosity (is that a word?) of the temple. Emily was taking a nap in the car so Scott's dad stayed with her. (Scott's parents spent Saturday and Sunday with us in San Deigo on their way back from visiting Scott's Grandma Hazel in Madera, CA. It was fun to spend some time with them and use Scott's dad's skills at knowing how to get around San Diego.)
This is the beautiful Point Loma where the lighthouse is located that brought the ships in, in the "olden days." Beautiful view.
This is probably my favorite pictures from the entire vacation. Emily and her Daddy with the ocean in the background. Isn't she adorable? Isn't he a handsome hunk? I'm so blessed to have them in my life. I love how her little hand on his shoulder makes it look like she's saying "this is my daddy and I love him!"
Emily was trying to get her ducky on the other side of the tub. It was an uphill battle.
Well, these pictures comprise Saturday and Sunday of our vacation. I will post the rest later (Monday--Saturday) when I can get them off of Scott's laptop. Until then, you will just have to wait in suspense of what the rest of our vacation was like. (Mwa hahahaha...j/k)

6 comments:
Oh, Kristin! I laughed out loud at some of the things on this post! (i.e. Emily's face while you're eating the pizza and the little, "Mwa," at the end to name a few.) I'm glad we're blogging buddies now! Yay! XOXO!
very cute, cant wait until we go to San Deigo someday
San Diego is a Mabb favorite, and eating at the Del is a must when you are with Bruce! Glad you guys had such a great time!
So Cute! I don't think I knew you had a blog, but I am so excited that you do. I'm glad you left a note on our blog. Emily is so cute. I can't believe you fed her a pickle.
That looks like such a fun trip! Emily is TOO CUTE, and you are such a good mom.
Yay!!! I found you!!!
Post a Comment